Filed under: Bible, Blessings, Blogroll, Christian, Christianity, Church, faith, God, Gospel Of John, Holy Spirit, Jesus, Life, Theology | Tags: Bible, Blogroll, Christian Life, Christianity, Church, Encouragement, faith, God, Grace, Happiness, Hope, Jesus, Life, People, Theology
The 21 chapters of John are the most profound of Scriptures. They are like the fathomless sea; they are described in Romans 11:35-36 & Isaiah 11:9.
In the first three Gospels, the Holy Spirit teaches us: “Behold your King” (Matthew).
In Mark, He teaches us to “Behold your Prophet” and Luke is “Behold your Priest.” In this fourth Gospel, the Holy Spirit cries out: “Behold your God.”
The Book of Genesis and the Gospel of John begins with the same words. : “In the beginning God,” “In the beginning was the Word.”
The purpose of John’s Gospel is to present Jesus as God.
John goes before Genesis: Psalms 90:2.
The theme of this Gospel is: The Deity of Christ.
The purpose is found in John 20:21.
Key Words Of The Gospel Of John
1. “Believe” occurs 101 times
2. “Life” 36 times
3. “Light” 23 times
4. “Son of God” 43 times
5. “My Father” 212 times
The Prologue – John 1:1-2
An old Latin Theologian said “The first two verses of the Gospel of John are worthy to be written in letters of Gold.”
There are Five Great Eternal and Indefinable Divine Truths In this Gospel.
1. In the beginning
2. The eternal existence of the Word
3. The equality of the Word, “with God.”
4. “The Word” is God
5. The eternity of the Word, “with God.”
Twelve beginnings in the first chapter of John
1. The beginning of the Word, John 1:1
2. The beginning of creation, John 1:3
3. The beginning of life, John 1:4
4. The beginning of John the Baptist ministry, John 1:6
5. The beginning of the New Birth, John 1:12
6. The beginning of the Incarnation, John 1:14
7. The beginning of Grace, John 1:17
8. The beginning of the administration of the Holy Spirit, John 1:32
9. The beginning of baptism, John 1:25
10. The beginning of the baptism of the Holy Spirit, John 1:33
11. The beginning of disciples, John 1:37
12. The beginning of the Kingdom, John 1:49
The Deity of Christ, John 1:1-2
1. “The Word” = the expression of the fullness of Deity (God).
I Corinthians 1:24; Ephesians 3:9-11; Colossians 2:2-3
2. The Word is from eternity; “and the Word was with God.” John 17:5
3. “The Word was God.” John 14:9; Colossians 1:19; Colossians 2:9-10; Hebrews 1:1-3
4. John 1:2, equal with God in eternal co-existence.
The Word reveals God because He is God. Only God could reveal God.
John 1:1, the verb “was” means: “ever existing” as the personal God.
Therefore, His existence is eternal; His person is separate and distinct,
His nature is Divine. His personality is not subject to time.
He is before all creation: Colossians 1:17.
5. He is the Creator: John 1:3, all things were made by the Word: Colossians 1:16.
6. The Word is the source of all life: John 10:10 & 28
The word “Life,” here, means ALL life: Eternal life, natural life, plant & animal
life. Genesis 2:7; I Cor. 15:20 & 38.
7. The “Word” is the light of men; John 1:4-5; John 8:12 & 9:5; Genesis 1:3
“the darkness comprehended it not” John 1:5. This basically means two things:
1. the darkness cannot understand it; seize, obtain or overtake the light
2. the darkness is not able to overcome or to destroy the light.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment