Filed under: Bible, Christian, Christianity, Church, faith, God, Jesus, Life, Theology | Tags: Bible, Blogroll, Christian Life, Christianity, Church, Encouragement, faith, God, Grace, Happiness, Hope, Jesus, Law, Life, Love, People, Theology
Be Strong In Gods Grace
II Timothy 2:1
Intro: God’s grace is a bottomless subject. We will never find the end of it. Man is a sinner & God’s grace is greater than all our sin; read Romans 5:20 “Moreover the Law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.”
God’s grace is an active principle communicated from God. It is light directing the Christian in how to act & the power to act according to that light. Note the following verses:
John 1:4-5, 17-19; Luke 1:79; Luke 2:32; John 8:12; John 12:35-36; Acts 26:18
I. It is only through God’s grace that the Christian becomes spiritually strong
A. God’s grace is what helps us to get through hard times II Timothy 1:3
B. Without the grace of god, it is impossible to win the spiritual conflicts of life
1. As our trials = hard times; testing’s, increase, we have a greater NEED to grow stronger
& stronger in our faith & in the grace of God.
2. Our faith gets stronger
3. Our determination & our love for God & Jesus Christ, will get stronger
Ephesians 6:10 “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might.”
4. The opposite of this is the Apostle Peter
a. Matthew 26:35 Peter said he would never deny the Lord
b. This was Peter acting in the “flesh,” his own strength, his self.
c. Notice what happened: Peter denied Jesus 3 X’s
5. We MUST be strong in the grace of God & not in self = our desires; our thinking, motives; our own way.
6. To get through life & its problems, Christians must be strong in God’s grace.
II. Grace Is For Everyday
A. II Peter 3:18 “But grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.”
B. Grow = increase
1. In Christ likeness.
2. The life of the Christian is growth
C. Born again by God’s grace
1. Living by God’s grace
2. Serving by God’s grace
D. Grow in grace & knowledge
1. The two go together
2. This is the grand safeguard against sin.
3. Search the scriptures on a daily basis
4. If you grow in God’s grace, you WILL also grow in His knowledge = have more knowledge of Jesus Christ. The two go together, hand in hand.
5. ONCE the HEART has been established by grace, the Christian now has grace to serve God in a way that is acceptable to God.
Hebrews 13:9 II Corinthians 9:8
III. It All Begins When a person receives Christ into Their Heart, Ephesians 2:8-9
A. We do not deserve salvation but God offers it anyway
B. Our zeal; fervor; good deeds; cannot obtains salvation
C. Salvation is FREE from God for you to receive it by faith; John 1:12
“But as many as received HIM, to THEM He gave power to become the sons of God, even to them who believe on His name.”
Will you, right now, receive Jesus Christ as your Saviour? Ask Him to come into your heart and to save your soul. Ask Him for forgiveness. Jesus will forgive you and He will save you. Your part is to believe & then ask. Pretty simple isn’t it?
If you are already a believer, won’t you depend upon God’s grace and lean upon Him?
He will help you through the greatest problems that you will face, by His grace.
Are you willing to serve the Lord through His grace? This comes by reading His Word (Bible) on a daily basis (start in the New Testament if you are a beginner at this). Give Him your cares, worries and problems in a time of prayer. Ask Him for help in your daily routine, etc.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment